
There's something to be said for swimming. It's great exercise, builds stamina, teaches team work as well as individual worth. But nobody seems to recognize that it teaches patience.How else could I explain the fact that we had to be at a meet in Frisco by 7:00 am for warm-ups, wait around until 11:30 am for his first event and then wait again for his event at 2:15. There were 750 swimmers at this meet! Holy Cow!!! I really thought by the end of the day he had it, and would want nothing to so with swimming EVER again. But no, not my child.....he loved it and can't wait for the next one. Zach did great!!! Both events he placed 3rd in his heat. In the 25m. backstroke, he placed 21 out of 52 (29.92 sec.)for his age group, and in the 25m. freestyle, he placed 24 out of 59 (26.17 sec.), not bad for his first meet! I had to laugh when he was explaining to me why he stopped to look at the other swimmers during the freestyle (please see video 2 below, ok it is apperently too big for blogger video, so for now you'll just have to take my word), he said, that even after I had told him the freestyle was the front stroke, he stopped to look and see what the other swimmers were doing. He thought he could do any stroke he wanted, because it's called "freestyle". DUH, MOM!I just can't believe that he didn't believe me when I told him, like I'm out to sabotage his swimming, I guess it just goes to show how sage my advice must be.
4 comments:
Way to go Zach!!!!
way to go zach!!!!
What a champ! I'm sure he could outswim me!
Great job Zach!!! What a sweet kid, he makes me laugh by questioning you! When do they learn that mom is always right?!?
Glad to see another post, did you get your new camera???
Post a Comment